Monday, December 15, 2008

Cash Rebates for Shopping...Microsoft Live Search Cashback

Special thanks to Nate Lee who inspired this article. Thanks for the heads up for the readers to get a quick money rebate during the holiday season!

I am deciding to break away from my normal blogging schedule and share with you a quick and awesome program going on with Microsoft right now. Currently, Microsoft has created live search for products that you can purchase online. Now, while many search engines currently have this capability, the kicker with Microsoft is that they pay you instant cash back for certain qualifying items.

For instance, I just searched on the Microsoft Live Search site for "Dell 6000 AC" and purchased a Dell AC adapter for my brother on Ebay. I clicked on the link that had the little Microsoft Cashback symbol and received 8% cash back on my purchase. Not only did I pay less than retail for the adapter but I received a rebate also that will be deposited into my paypal account, that's too sweet of a deal to that I felt compelled to share. I have spoken with my friend who gave me the heads up about this program and he stated that his friends confirmed that it is legit as Microsoft has cut checks to people who have purchased through this program.

Ok, I'm convinced, sign me up!

To enroll in the program, you have to meet the following requirements (taken directly from their FAQ Page):

Who is eligible for Live Search cashback?

You are, as long as you:
  • Provide us with a valid email address and password for account access.
  • Are at least 18 years of age and reside in the U.S.
  • Have a valid U.S. mailing address (a P.O. Box won't work).
  • Create or have an active Windows Live ID and cashback account.
  • Adhere to the Microsoft Service Agreement.
To use the program with Ebay, you will need a paypal account and ebay account that are both in "good" standing. Other points to mention is that it is required that you have at least $5.00 in your cashback account before the send you a check and there's a waiting period of at least 60 days in most cases before you can receive your rebate.

For more information about this program, refer to the Microsoft Cashback FAQ page.

Do you have any tips or secret gems you know about for getting the best deal online? Please share them in the comments below!

Stay Disciplined!

No comments: